Thank you for your interest in applying for the BOS Raspberry Pi Contest.
We understand that at this time you are likely very busy with FIRST™ Robotics Competition. Don't worry, at this time you don't have to do anything other than register below if you would like to participate. We will send you a reminder when the contest opens!
Exact contest timing will be released soon, but sponsorship prizes need to be determined in the fall of 2019 to best support you next season.
Winners will receive sponsorship prizes from BOS for the 2020 FIRST season
Click here to see prizes
Contest Eligibility - Who Can Register?
- All registered FIRST Robotics Teams that competed at the Western University District Event on April 5-7, 2019
- Participants must be either current or past members of the team - honour system please 🙂
Contest Rules - How to Participate
There are so many possible uses for a Raspberry Pi, including creative ways to take your robots to the next level of performance. We want you to exercise your STEM muscles and send us a video of something inspirational, functional, and exciting that you have accomplished with your Raspberry Pi. We do not want to limit your creativity with too many rules and restrictions, so there are only three rules for this contest.
- You must submit a video (target 2-3 minutes) showing us what you did
- You must submit one written page summarizing what you learned and how it will help you in the 2020 FIRST season
- By submitting your video, you agree to allow BOS to include your video (or screenshots) in promotional material
Beyond these three rules, here are some guidelines to follow for participating in this contest:
The following criteria will be considered when evaluating the video and written submissions:
- Functionality and technical complexity
- Creativity and cool factor
- Efficient use of resources (doing more with less is appreciated...save your money for the robot and competition)
- Applicability of the lesson(s) learned to helping your team next season
- Video quality is a bonus, but will be considered...remember to turn your phone sideways 😉
Oh Yeah...The Fine Print
- Be safe
- Be smart
- Do not do anything illegal
- Make sure a parent or guardian knows what you are up to
And most importantly, have fun!
By entering this contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these rules. All decisions of the contest sponsors (BOS) with respect to any aspect of this contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this contest.
Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
BOS cannot be held responsible for the content of this contest description, nor can it be responsible for the consequences of the actions taken based on the information provided on this page.